Founded by entrepreneurs Phil and Angela Chrysler in 2020, Impact Health Sharing is a small, Christian-focused not-for-profit HealthShare headquartered in Davie, Florida. They stipulate that their members must agree with their statement of shared beliefs and meet their member requirements, but do they not cater to a specific denomination.
Membership and costs
The cost of monthly contributions depends on a member’s chosen Primary Responsibility Amount (PRA)—with options ranging from $2,500–$10,000—their age group, and the number of dependents participating under the same membership, and can be calculated here.
All memberships have a 10% co-share amount, which means members will pay 10% of eligible medical expenses up to the co-share maximum of $5,000 per household, per year, regardless of a member’s chosen PRA.
All Impact Health Sharing members have a share account, which is a virtual account where all funds deposited by members are received by America’s Christian Credit Union. The share account displays account balances, sharing transaction history, and other relevant information. According to their website, Impact’s members are provided full control over their share account and all sharing.
Members, or their providers, are required to pre-notify Impact Health Sharing for certain treatments to be eligible for sharing:
- maternity services
- cancer treatment
- elective cardiac procedures
- organ/tissue transplant services
- inpatient/outpatient surgery
- non-emergency hospitalization/facility admission
Once members receive service from a medical provider, they must pay provider fees based on the services rendered:
- $0 for telemedicine (excluding mental health counseling)
- $50 for primary care
- $50 for each allergy test or serum injection
- $75 for specialist, urgent care, or outpatient services
- $150 for emergency room or inpatient hospitalization
Eligible medical expenses are shareable up to an annual sharing limit of $500,000 per member, per year, with the exception being maternity care, which is shareable up to a maximum of $150,000 per single pregnancy event. Sharing is limited to $50,000 in the first 60 days of membership.
Senior memberships and mental health
Impact Health Sharing offers memberships for members 65 and older with Medicare Parts A and B. Senior memberships have a lower $1k PRA and no provider fees or pre-existing condition limitations. Impact shares eligible medical expenses not covered by Medicare, but Medicare is the primary payor for any Senior memberships’ medical expenses.
All of Impact’s members can benefit from their eligible mental health treatments. Up to five outpatient mental health visits are eligible for sharing per member, per year. Outpatient mental health providers are considered specialists for the purpose of provider fees and are subject to the member’s PRA and co-share amount.
Here is some of the top information we believe potential members might want to know about this HealthShare.
- Flexible Christian membership requirements
- Recently established (2020), smaller membership (10,000)
- Limited sharing for first 60 days of membership
- Tobacco users accepted with additional fee
- Members with a BMI of over 40 must pay additional fee
- Agree to Impact Health Sharing’s Statement of Shared Beliefs and Ethics
- Outpatient mental health visits
- Annual wellness visit and labwork
- Senior memberships
- High PRA amounts ($2.5k–$10k)
- All memberships have a 10% co-share amount
- Pre-notification required for certain treatments to be eligible
- Want a digital member portal with an app
- Are interested in mental health treatments or senior memberships
Learn more about Impact Health Sharing below
Page Updated: 04.26.23